Sunday, September 14, 2008

Busking

Busking refers to making a living by street performing.


In Central Park in New York City I happened on this man who might be a garden gnome but is instead Blackwolf the Dragon Master-- he has his own my space page. Is he busking or merely hanging out?

I know that I have heard some marvelous people playing in the street and am fascinated by the idea of photographing them. I thought I should try busking myself, but I think it is too late.


I photographed this group in Florence who are definitely busking, but didn't post it because I didn't think I photographed them very well. He's playing a kind of zither, plucked or hammered, I'm not sure which.


In this photo from San Francisco my friend Mark is next to the "World Famous Bush Man," a busker who jumps out from behind his bush and scares you. Great pains were taken so that I would walk past him.

I'm so proud. I was commented by the saw lady the same day I heard her on npr.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cool that you heard me on NPR! (If I had a dime for every time they re-broadcast this episode...).

I've known Blackwolf for years - really nice guy. But your question is very valid - I have no idea if he collects tips and if so - how...

I've heard a lot about the Bush Man. Thanks to you I now know what he looks like.

All the best,

Saw Lady
www.SawLady.com/blog